Current marriage statistics in America are staggering. Today:
- More than 50% of marriages end in divorce.
- With each subsequent marriage, the rate of success drops by 10%. That means that every married couple’s best chance for marriage success lies in the relationship they currently have.
- Fewer than 50% of adults are married, more than a 34% drop since 1930. Yes, for the first time in our nation’s history, married-couple households are in the minority.
- Children of divorce are much more likely to suffer a wide range of problems and negative life outcomes than children of whose parents stay together.
- Yet, even with the decrease in marriages, 90% of adults still admit to desiring a healthy, happy marriage.
It is estimated that divorce costs U.S. taxpayers more than $30 billion every year.
- Lost employee productivity due to marriage difficulties cost American business an estimated $150 billion every year.
As a nation, our families and our relationships are hurting. We are experiencing divorce at an alarming rate, and the effects of those divorces can start a cycle of devastation and destruction for generations.
But, at MarriageToday, we know God has a plan.
He wants families to enjoy the emotional security and fulfillment that strong marriages bring. That’s why He has called our ministry to establish, strengthen, save and restore family and marriage relationships through a Biblical message of healing, restoration, hope and encouragement.
Great marriages don’t happen by chance; they require nurture and training. That’s why our passion and purpose is to equip families with the teaching and tools they need to succeed. Through conferences, a monthly magazine, and other ministry resources by Jimmy and Karen Evans, we’re doing just that.
If you are desperate for change in your own marriage or simply desire to take your marriage to the next level of fulfillment and intimacy, we invite you to connect with MarriageToday. Attend one of our conferences, become a Rock Solid Partner or simply explore the vast array of resources found here.
God has a amazing plan for your marriage and family, and at MarriageToday, we want to help you discover it, and live it to the fullest.